Personal Data Notice
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Brandt International and its related companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Brandt”, “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purpose of this personal data notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act.
This personal data notice applies to any person whose personal data is processed by Brandt.
- This personal data notice serves to inform you how your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of Brandt.
- The personal data processed by us may include your name, contact details, email address, username, password, information of any past breaches of or convictions under any law, the relevant services provided to you and any other personal data required for the purposes set out in paragraph 3 below.
- Any personal information provided by you to Brandt will be used for the purpose of providing the products and services you have shown interest or requested from us and for other related purposes which may include updating and enhancing Brandt’s records, understanding your needs, advising you of other products and services which may be of interest to you, for purposes required by law or regulation, and to plan, conduct and monitor Brandt’s business.
- Your personal data is collected from various sources, including information you have provided us, information from third parties and information in the public domain.
- You may have the right under data protection legislation on payment of a fee to request access to personal information about you held by us and to have it corrected where appropriate. If you have that right and you wish to access, correct or delete any of your personal data held by us, or if you have any questions concerning our Data Protection and Privacy Statement please contact the our Data Protection representative by contacting:-
Brandt International Marketing & Communications E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Act:
- we may charge a fee for processing your request for access; and
- we may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction in accordance with the Act.
- Other than to those individuals and entities listed, your details will not be revealed by Brandt to any external body, unless Brandt has your permission, or is under either a legal obligation or any other duty to do so.
- Information held about you is retained as long as the purpose for which the information was collected continues. The information is then destroyed unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect Brandt’s interests. As a general rule, the maximum retention period is 10 years.
- Unless otherwise specified by us at the time the personal data is collected, it is obligatory that you supply us with the personal data requested for by us.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this notice, the English version shall prevail over the Bahasa Malaysia version.
- Brandt reserves the right to amend and update this Personal Data Notice at any time and the updated notice will be posted on this website or via any other mode Bursa views suitable.
By providing to us your personal data, you hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing.